As 2018 draws to a close, we wanted to take the time to thank everyone who has worked with us, engaged with us and contributed in any way to what can only be described as an absolutely fantastic year for Haughton Design.
- We ended our FY in June and it turned out to be our best year ever. By engaging with experts to help with our business plan, sharing it with all our staff, following and measuring it, we have both learned and achieved so much. By using our Development WorkFlow and OneNote system we’ve delivered projects that previously could not be completed in the time available, boosting our clients and HD’s bottom line too. Thanks to our amazing team of designers and everyone in the business! Finally, and so importantly, thanks to our clients, who continue to trust HD’s approach with some of their most important projects.
- Our MD and Head of Design added to their list of talents by trying to break Hollywood! Well, not quite…but they certainly portrayed HD in the best light. We took note of video being key for winning more business so against their nature, they stepped in the breach to talk about how we can help clients. Producing our Welcome video, then updating our Services, and our Development WorkFlow too. Steve at Lilac Films was very patient and has done so well with our camera-shy Chuckle Brothers! You can take a look here.
- Our team grew, and grew, and grew a little bit more! To cope with demand, we employed three new employees, including two new Product Designers, Danny Morris and John Harverson (who liked us that much, he came all the way from South Africa). Part of the plan was for our team to enjoy working well together and enjoying coming to work (as much as anyone can!) – they are our top priorities. Without them we wouldn’t be able to do what we do, as well as we do.
- The HD Design Studio grew as well to include a new innovation area and a specialist prototyping and workshop space. Our clients deserve the best service to give them market-breaking products, so we’ve given our team the space to be able to do just that. The finishing touches are happening as we speak, so expect an update on this in early 2019.
- Our work across all sectors, including medical devices also grew. We’re relatively new in the world of Medical Device Development, but that hasn’t stopped us from achieving great successes with it, or from competing with the big players! Medical Device Development now accounts for more than 50% of our work and we believe there are 5 main reasons that make us unique to other consultancies and why companies come to us (you can take a look at that here). We’ve continued to keep training and developing our team in this sector, having taken part in Human Factors & GMP training amongst others and we’ve also used our expert network of associate consultants, such as Alastair Clarke, to give our Medical clients fantastic results and provide our team with first-class knowledge on the sector.
2018 has been a whirlwind of a year and it doesn’t look like it’s going to slow down for HD anytime soon – not that we’re complaining! Thank you again to all of our clients for continuing to work with us, thank you to new clients for trusting us with your investments too, and lastly, thank you for our amazing staff who make the HD team. We wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Please note: We are desperately in need of a little rest and relaxation, so we close at 12pm on December 21st and reopen at 8am January 2nd 2019. If you need any help in this period, please get in touch here with your 2019 project requirements.