Medical & Pharmaceutical Devices Sector
A fresh approach to medical device development
Design and development of medical devices & healthcare products
Haughton Design provides a fresh, dynamic approach to efficiently developing medical devices and healthcare products. We really understand what our clients are looking for so offer a unique development route for pharmaceutical, medical device and healthcare companies looking to get their products to market quickly.
ISO 13485 accreditation and the Medical Devices Alliance
Haughton Design is LRQA certified for Product Development & Engineering Design to ISO 13485: 2016. We have a proven track record of delivering results for the companies we help. We enhance our offering through the Medical Devices Alliance – a unique range of recognised experts & specialists in the field of medical devices who blend years of sector experience with the fresh approach of our design & development team.
A highly flexible approach to get the job done
Our highly flexible approach has been created to help our clients get their products to market as quickly as possible. We provide services from product definition and pre concept design, through the entire range of design development and on to industrialisation. We can work as an independent stakeholder or integral part of your design team or whichever way you need to get the job done efficiently.
Feedback on our medical device work
Our clients, which include top 5 pharmaceutical companies, have responded with excellent feedback, they all value our desire to help and our ‘get things done’ approach to their needs.
Client 1: “We are extremely happy with the designs and prototypes, especially the quality and pace at which the project has been delivered.” – “We didn’t expect so much IP to be generated from this work”
Client 2: “Working with Haughton Design allowed us to move the project forward quickly, I really enjoyed the friendly approach of the team. …..nothing could have been improved.”
Client 3: “The quality of output was good, HD focused on what needed to be delivered … didn’t waste time & money generating work which had no relevance or value. HD’s approach was very refreshing – a job well done, heck of a lot learnt!
A clear, visual approach for faster development
Most of our clients are sensitive to publicising the work we do so we cannot be too specific in detailing how we have helped them. We work to a highly structured design and development process that provides clarity from the outset. It is this clear, visual approach that provides the confidence that allows projects with Haughton Design move forward swiftly.
Our range of design experience and capabilities
- Auto-Injectors of single and multiple doses, disposable and reusable
- Single-Use safety syringes
- Feed tubes and Feed tube connectors
- Lancing devices
- Combined electronic meters and other assorted medical devices.
- Development of various concept designs including generation of IP that is in the patent process or patents have been granted.Design patent submission and support.
- Design reviews including development of lots of IP to ring fence preferred designs and technology.
- Optimisation of designs for high volume manufacture, including the reduction of part count, removal of assembly issues and development of the device for high volume production/automation.We have considerable experience and knowledge of designing complex, small plastic mechanisms within very tight space constraints.
- Design of verification test rigs and systems to ensure mouldings/components and products deliver specified performance requirements.
- Development of medical device design/development systems including Robust Design processes, DFMEA’s, Tolerance Analysis Systems, Tooling Verification Procedures.
- Industrialisation support and consultancy, including design verification and validation. Review of designs and tooling before tooling sign-off. Selection and management of test houses and testing processes.